On 4 May, the historical Lutheran presence in Coober Pedy was commemorated with the unveiling of a plaque on the site of the former Lutheran church hall, which is now part of the TAFE campus. In April 1959, Pastor Fred Traeger arrived in Coober Pedy with his wife Gertrude to serve the spiritual and physical… Read more
The first FRM teaching course for the year was held on the outskirts of Papunya from 11 to 15 April. People came from as far afield as Kiwirrkura (450 km), Irweltye (550 km) and Docker River (600 km). Numbers fluctuated between 17 and 42, averaging around 35. Many women attended the course.