‘No gathering for Easter worship’. Is that a disaster?
Not when we work together to find creative solutions.
Even though we couldn’t physically gather for Easter worship, the leadership team at Alice Springs Lutheran Church was determined to share the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection with as many people as possible. The long church fence was the perfect billboard.
Yirara College had some Easter posters in Arrarnta, carefully saved from vernacular literacy classes in past years. Principal Chris England was only too happy to give us access. Elizabeth the librarian stayed back at school to scan the posters for the church. They were magnified, printed, laminated, assembled and cable-tied to the fence.
And so the Alice Springs Lutheran Church drive-by Easter storyboard was there for all to see.
How many people were touched by it? We have no idea. But if even one person was helped to focus on our Saviour, it was worth the effort. Thanks, everyone!
Picture captions (translated from Arrarnta):
- Jesus ate the Passover with his disciples. He instituted the Lord’s Supper.
- Jesus prayed to his Father in Gethsemane.
- His enemies arrested Jesus.
- They accused Jesus in front of the Sanhedrin.
- They accused Jesus in front of Pilate.
- The soldiers nailed Jesus to across.
- Jesus died.